[Kratos] Kratos for structural simulation

Tom Svilans tsvi en kadk.dk
Dom Mayo 15 17:22:43 CEST 2016

Hi Miguel,

Thanks a lot for getting in touch! I currently have limited internet access but will try to register again when I get the chance. I'm really keen to try out Kratos and learn how to interface with it.

Are there any good tutorials that deal with 3-dimensional force analysis within compound elements or something like that?

I would be very happy with any advice or tips that you could share! To begin with, I would like to set up a simple straight beam + point load scenario just to get familiar with the way Kratos works and so I can start making the connections with my models. But I will try to register and then take a look through the forum first.

Much thanks!

Tom

From: Miguel Angel Celigueta [mailto:maceli at cimne.upc.edu]
Sent: 11. maj 2016 14:29
To: Tom Svilans <tsvi at kadk.dk>; kratos at listas.cimne.upc.edu
Cc: rrossi at cimne.upc.edu
Subject: RE: [Kratos] Kratos for structural simulation

Hello Tom,
The forum registration was disabled for some days due to a cyber attack. Now we re-opened it.
About your question, I don't think Kratos includes developments on glued-laminated elements so far. But I hope the people from structural mechanics (Riccardo?) will answer you with a better knowledge of the actual situation.
Regards,
Miguel Angel

CIMNE Barcelona
Tel. +34 934010794