[Kratos] Kratos for structural simulation

Tom Svilans tsvi en kadk.dk
Lun Mayo 2 17:54:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am a PhD fellow at KADK in Copenhagen looking into the material performance of glued-laminated timber building elements and timber anisotropy. I came across the Kratos Multiphysics framework and have tried installing it. I went through the method of downloading GiD and simply copying Kratos to another folder as I am more interested in the Python backend and will have simulation data coming from and going to different programs.

I am having some issues, however, when following some of the first introductory Python examples. Are they up to date? Where can I ask for help or receive advice about what some of the tools do? Is there a class reference document anywhere that I could look through? Specifically, it cannot find STABILIZATION_FACTOR when initializing the solid_mechanics_python_solver.

I have browsed through the SVN repo, but it's very expansive and it is difficult to find things. Registration on the forum has been disabled, for some reason, so I cannot post there either.

Any help would be really great! Looking forward to using Kratos, it looks very powerful.

Much thanks,

Tom