[Kratos] Meshing of shell and solid elements

Javi G醨ate fjgarate en cimne.upc.edu
Vie Oct 2 16:40:29 CEST 2015

Hi Riccardo,

I'll need an example to reproduce the error.

Anyway, kratos interace does a lot of work on the Beforemesh GiD event.
If I've understood the problem, kratos is forcing GiD to ignore a
surface on a meshing event. We can disable the whole event, but many
things can stop working as expected.

It can be a solution for a single model, but I don't recommend to act
this way on a product. For example, as far as I know, the BeforeMesh
event can not be disabled for Fluid application, due to it calculates
the skin mesh there.

As I said, if you send me an example I can try to determinate which is
the best solution.

Javi G谩rate

El 2015-10-02 14:17, Riccardo Rossi escribi贸:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Abel already told us it is a problem with the Kratos problemtype, unfortunately we are simply not able to fix it ...
>
> apparently the kratos problemtype is telling to the Gid not to mesh internal surfaces, but we don't know how to deactivate this...nor if it would break a lot of other things
>
> Javier, tienes alguna sugerencia de como podemos apagar esta caracteristica? (en el problemtype viejo, no en el nuevo)
>
> ciao
> Riccardo
>
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Mini, Andreas <andreas.mini en tum.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear Riccardo, Dear Pooyan,
>>
>> as found out together with Abel some weeks ago, the problem with the combined meshing of solid and shell elements is not a problem of GID.
>>
>> The problem is only occuring, when I use the Kratos problemtype. Thus I think it might be a problem with the problemtype of the Kratos, since it is simply ignoring the surface, which should be meshed by shell elements, when it is embedded into solid elements.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion how to solve this problem?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Andreas

>> Technische Universit盲t M眉nchen
>> Lehrstuhl f眉r Statik
>> Prof. Dr.-Ing. Kai-Uwe Bletzinger
>> Arcisstr. 21
>> 80333 M眉nchen
>>
>> Tel. +49 (0)89 289 22435 [1]
>> Fax +49 (0)89 289 22421 [2]
>> Andreas.Mini en tum.de
>> www.st.bgu.tum.de [3]

> Riccardo Rossi
>
> PhD, Civil Engineer
>
> member of the Kratos Team: www.cimne.com/kratos [4]
>
> lecturer at Universitat Polit猫cnica de Catalunya, BarcelonaTech (UPC)
>
> Research fellow at International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE)
>
> C/ Gran Capit脿, s/n, Campus Nord UPC, Ed. C1, Despatx C9
>
> 08034 - Barcelona - Spain - www.cimne.com [5] -
>
> T.(+34) 93 401 56 96 skype: ROUGERED4
>
> [6]
>
> [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]
>
> Les dades personals contingudes en aquest missatge s贸n tractades amb la finalitat de mantenir el contacte professional entre CIMNE i voste. Podra exercir els drets d'acc茅s, rectificaci贸, cancel路laci贸 i oposici贸, dirigint-se a cimne en cimne.upc.edu. La utilitzaci贸 de la seva adre莽a de correu electronic per part de CIMNE queda subjecte a les disposicions de la Llei 34/2002, de Serveis de la Societat de la Informaci贸 i el Comer莽 Electronic.
>
> Imprimiu aquest missatge, nom茅s si 茅s estrictament necessari.

Links:
------
[1] tel:%2B49%20%280%2989%20289%2022435
[2] tel:%2B49%20%280%2989%20289%2022421