[Kratos] Meshing of shell and solid elements

Mini, Andreas andreas.mini en tum.de
Vie Oct 2 13:34:08 CEST 2015

Dear Riccardo, Dear Pooyan,

as found out together with Abel some weeks ago, the problem with the combined meshing of solid and shell elements is not a problem of GID.

The problem is only occuring, when I use the Kratos problemtype. Thus I think it might be a problem with the problemtype of the Kratos, since it is simply ignoring the surface, which should be meshed by shell elements, when it is embedded into solid elements.

Do you have any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Andreas

Technische Universität München