[Kratos] Critical change in classes: Element.h and Condition.h

Riccardo Rossi rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Mar 13 08:54:57 CET 2014

Dear Josep Maria,
        please consider that we shall consider the "KratosCore" as "stable"
which implies that no one should not allow himself to unilaterally change
the foundational classes.
I believe it is both unpolite and unwise to make the sort of commit you
made without prior discussion,
and for this reason i must reiterate asking you to refrain from such
actions. Please also note that i will apply the same constraint to myself.

Having said this, and regarding the specific issue you rise, i shall admit
that the current interface is not clean and that it could use some redesign.

Apart for the renaming of Mass to Inertia which i share (even though i am
not sure if it justifies a breaking change)

i would go for methods of the type

CalculateAndAddInertiaXXXXX( destination,  coefficient,   ProcessInfo )
//both to RHS and LHS

since with this small modification the matrix/vector is ADDED to the
destination, which allows avoiding one large matrix temporary,
as well as implementing optimizations for the case of diagonal matrices.
I also wonder if it wouldn't be better to only provide ONE function for the
LHS and RHS at the same time, since this would allow further savings.

Regarding the specific function "CalculateLocalVelocityContribution", i
agree that this shall not be needed (and more than that, that the method is
ugly).
Kazem, Jordi could you comment on why it was needed? Would it be possible
to use the methods Josep Maria Proposed instead?

Since we are in the discussion, i would also appreciate if others could
comment or make suggestions at this point, since i really would like to
live the interface "definitivelely" closed.

ciao for now
Riccardo

P.S. i forward this to the mailing list since yesterday i answered to my
phone and i wrongly answered to you alone.

--

*Riccardo Rossi*

PhD, Civil Engineer

member of the Kratos Team: www.cimne.com/kratos

lecturer at Universitat Polit猫cnica de Catalunya, BarcelonaTech (UPC)

Research fellow at International Center for Numerical Methods in
Engineering (CIMNE)

C/ Gran Capit脿, s/n, Campus Nord UPC, Ed. C1, Despatx C9

08034 鈥 Barcelona 鈥 Spain 鈥 www.cimne.com  -

T.(+34) 93 401 56 96 skype: *rougered4*

 <http://www.cimne.com/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/cimne>
<http://blog.cimne.com/><http://vimeo.com/cimne><http://www.youtube.com/user/CIMNEvideos><http://www.linkedin.com/company/cimne><https://twitter.com/cimne>

Les dades personals contingudes en aquest missatge s贸n tractades amb la
finalitat de mantenir el contacte professional entre CIMNE i voste. Podra
exercir els drets d'acc茅s, rectificaci贸, cancel路laci贸 i oposici贸,
dirigint-se a cimne en cimne.upc.edu. La utilitzaci贸 de la seva adre莽a de
correu electronic per part de CIMNE queda subjecte a les disposicions de la
Llei 34/2002, de Serveis de la Societat de la Informaci贸 i el Comer莽
Electronic.

 Imprimiu aquest missatge, nom茅s si 茅s estrictament necessari.
 <http://www.cimne.com/>