[Kratos] Major Change

Pooyan Dadvand pooyan en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Abr 3 08:22:22 CEST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Recently we were profiling the Kratos and we have found out that the current
use of weak_ptr in Kratos considerably affecting the performance and also
its scalability. For this reason we wanted to change the weak_ptr and
shared_ptr of Kratos.

In order to avoid problems in time of migration, it is necessary to change:

-        all weak_ptr<ClassName> instances in the code to
ClassName::WeakPointer

-        all shared_ptr<ClassName> instances in the code to
ClassName::Pointer.

So we can redefined the macro to for new implementation. Riccardo has
already changed most of them, so in principle for repository codes it is
done. The plan is to start the migration next week so please proceed with
the changes as soon as possible.

Technically this change and migration won’t affect the comportment of the
code neither to its interface.

Thanks for your collaboration,

Pooyan.

_________

Dr. Pooyan Dadvand

Member of Kratos Team

International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering - CIMNE
Campus Norte, Edificio C1

c/ Gran Capitán s/n

08034 Barcelona, España

Tel:        (+34) 93 401 5696

Fax:       (+34) 93.401.6517

web:        <http://www.cimne.com/> www.cimne.com

__________

AVISO IMPORTANTE

Los datos de carácter personal contenidos en el mensaje, se registrarán en
un fichero para facilitar la gestión de las comunicaciones de CIMNE. Se
pueden ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y
oposición por escrito, dirigiéndose a nuestras oficinas de CIMNE, Gran
Capitán s/n,  Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, España.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

All personal data contained in this mail will be processed confidentially
and stored in a file property of CIMNE in order to manage corporate
communications. You may exercise the right of access, rectification,
deletion and objection by letter sent to CIMNE, Gran Capitán, Edificio C1 -
Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.