[Kratos] variables.h

Pooyan pooyan en cimne.upc.edu
Mie Mayo 22 11:40:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

Kernel in theory has to synchronize the duplicated variables to be the same
across the database. About the dependency, less dependency is much better.
However it is preferred to duplicating the code.

Regards,

Pooyan.

-----Original Message-----
From: kratos-bounces en listas.cimne.upc.edu
[mailto:kratos-bounces en listas.cimne.upc.edu] On Behalf Of Janosch Stascheit
Sent: 22 May 2013 11:33
To: kratos
Subject: Re: [Kratos] variables.h

Hi,

as far as I know, the only way would be to include the definition of the
second application. However, we discussed about this a while ago and
concluded that cross references between applications should be avoided.

@pooyan: what would be the behavior, if the same variable is defined in two
applications?

Best regards
Janosch

--
Dr.-Ing. Janosch Stascheit
Institute for Structural Mechanics

Am 22.05.2013 um 11:26 schrieb Riccardo Rossi <rrossi en cimne.upc.edu>:

> well,
>
> if you need the same variable in two applications you have a problem
unless you define it in the variables.h...

> am i wrong on this?
>
> Riccardo
>

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Pooyan <pooyan en cimne.upc.edu> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>

> I agree completely and  the best way is to add the variables to each
> applications and not to the main variables.h and cpp. (These are for
> generic variables) This habit comes from the time in which the kernel
> could not handle the variables in applications in the same way as the
> core ones. I have fixed this bug and as much as I know the kernel take
> them in the same manner. (if it is not like this please report a bug)
>

> Bests,
>

> Pooyan.

recompile when I update. I think you can introduce new variables in your
application or link with other application if you want to use variables from
other application. How do you think ?