[Kratos] FLAGS

pooyan en cimne.upc.edu pooyan en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Jun 20 18:04:45 CEST 2013

Good observation of Jordi,

Bests,

Pooyan.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013
17:39:24 +0200, jcotela en cimne.upc.edu wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> after
talking with Riccardo, we have realized that, once we commit a set of
global flags, we must make sure that they are used consistently across
applications. If the same flag is used in different applications to
represent different things, using both applications at the same time
might become impossible. Therefore, we should make sure that the global
list only contains either flags that are mainly used from the Kratos
core (as opposed to from applications) or flags that have a very clear
definition (as for example the MPI related ones) we all can agree upon.
The rest should be application-specific to prevent creating
incompatibilities.

Riccardo Rossi wrote:

>> I try to collect here Josep Maria's
proposal and to merge it with mine... i personally don't agree too much
with the flags ENGAGED , RELEASE as they look to me oriented to a
specific contact application
>> regarding the ACTIVATED flag i think
either this or DEACTIVE shall be in the list. Maybe not both of them as
Jordi and Pooyan observe but at least one of the two.

>> once more
proposals arrive i'll keep merging it to the list ... please tell me if
i happen to forget one

>> at the end we shall vote on which shall be
kept and which not...

>> FLUID
>> STRUCTURE
>> SOLID
>> RIGID

CONTACT
>> BOUNDARY
>> FREE_SURFACE
>> INTERFACE
>> ENGAGED

ISOLATED
>> REFINE
>> INSERTED
>> RELEASE
>>
>> ACTIVATED
>> SLIP

MASTER
>> SLAVE
>> ERASE
>> MPI_BOUNDARY
>> VISITED
>> THERMAL

PERMANENT
>> PROTECTED
>> SPLIT
>> MODIFIED
>> BLOCKED
>>
>> so far 26
flags ...

2013 at 2:54 PM, Josep Maria wrote:

>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Following
the discussion about flags. I'm not for putting a f before the name of
the flag, you must know what are you doing and which type of variable
are you working with, if is a vector, int, double or a flag. Right now
I'm using next as global flags for my application, and I propose them to
be global ones. Take in account that you can have your local flags in
your application objects. We impose that their names must not coincide
with the global ones.

>>> FLUID
>>> STRUCTURE
>>> SOLID

RIGID
>>> CONTACT
>>>
>>> BOUNDARY
>>> FREE_SURFACE

INTERFACE

>>> ENGAGED
>>> ISOLATED
>>>
>>> REFINE
>>> INSERTED
>>>

>>> RELEASE
>>>
>>> Concerning to the Riccardo's proposals. I don't
like this wildcard flags as MODIFIED or ACTIVE that do not specify
nothing and can induce errors. I think is better to define this type of
flags as local and specify what is modified or activated in its
particular process. It will be good if you think about flags for the
objects description (Nodes,Elements,Conditions,Meshes), and flags for
processes specification (Remeshing, Building, Computing). The ones for
object description must be very general. The global flags for processes
description must be focussed only for the core processes and for the
most general common processes shared in the important applications.

>>> Kind Regards
>>>
>>> Josep Maria
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> DR. JOSEP
MARIA CARBONELL I PUIGBÓ
>>> Lecturer in Continuum Mechanics

Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
>>> Researcher

Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE)

>>> T +34 934 054 068

F +34 934 016 517
>>> E cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu
>>>
>>> CIMNE-UPC *
Efidici C1, Campus Nord UPC * Gran Capitàn s/n * 08034 Barcelona

>> Dr. Riccardo Rossi, Civil Engineer
>>
>> Member of Kratos
Team

>> International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering -
CIMNE
>> Campus Norte, Edificio C1
>>
>> c/ Gran Capitán s/n

08034 Barcelona, España