[Kratos] FLAGS

jcotela en cimne.upc.edu jcotela en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Jun 20 17:39:24 CEST 2013

Dear List,

after talking with Riccardo, we have realized that,
once we commit a set of global flags, we must make sure that they are
used consistently across applications. If the same flag is used in
different applications to represent different things, using both
applications at the same time might become impossible. Therefore, we
should make sure that the global list only contains either flags that
are mainly used from the Kratos core (as opposed to from applications)
or flags that have a very clear definition (as for example the MPI
related ones) we all can agree upon. The rest should be
application-specific to prevent creating incompatibilities.

Jordi

On
Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:57:43 +0200, Riccardo Rossi wrote:

> I try to
collect here Josep Maria's proposal and to merge it with mine... i
personally don't agree too much with the flags ENGAGED , RELEASE as they
look to me oriented to a specific contact application
> regarding the
ACTIVATED flag i think either this or DEACTIVE shall be in the list.
Maybe not both of them as Jordi and Pooyan observe but at least one of
the two.

> once more proposals arrive i'll keep merging it to the
list ... please tell me if i happen to forget one

> at the end we
shall vote on which shall be kept and which not...

> FLUID

STRUCTURE
> SOLID
> RIGID
> CONTACT
> BOUNDARY
> FREE_SURFACE

INTERFACE
> ENGAGED
> ISOLATED
> REFINE
> INSERTED
> RELEASE

ACTIVATED
> SLIP
> MASTER
> SLAVE
> ERASE
> MPI_BOUNDARY
> VISITED

THERMAL
> PERMANENT
> PROTECTED
> SPLIT
> MODIFIED
> BLOCKED
>
> so far
26 flags ...

at 2:54 PM, Josep Maria wrote:

>> Dear All,
>>
>> Following the
discussion about flags. I'm not for putting a f before the name of the
flag, you must know what are you doing and which type of variable are
you working with, if is a vector, int, double or a flag. Right now I'm
using next as global flags for my application, and I propose them to be
global ones. Take in account that you can have your local flags in your
application objects. We impose that their names must not coincide with
the global ones.

>> FLUID
>> STRUCTURE
>> SOLID
>> RIGID

CONTACT

>> BOUNDARY
>> FREE_SURFACE
>>
>> INTERFACE

ENGAGED
>> ISOLATED
>>
>> REFINE
>> INSERTED
>>
>> RELEASE

Concerning to the Riccardo's proposals. I don't like this wildcard flags
as MODIFIED or ACTIVE that do not specify nothing and can induce errors.
I think is better to define this type of flags as local and specify what
is modified or activated in its particular process. It will be good if
you think about flags for the objects description
(Nodes,Elements,Conditions,Meshes), and flags for processes
specification (Remeshing, Building, Computing). The ones for object
description must be very general. The global flags for processes
description must be focussed only for the core processes and for the
most general common processes shared in the important applications.

>> Kind Regards
>>
>> Josep Maria
>>
>> --
>>
>> DR. JOSEP MARIA
CARBONELL I PUIGBÓ
>> Lecturer in Continuum Mechanics
>> Universitat
Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
>> Researcher
>> Numerical Methods in
Engineering (CIMNE)

>> T +34 934 054 068
>> F +34 934 016 517
cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu

>> CIMNE-UPC * Efidici C1, Campus Nord UPC *
Gran Capitàn s/n * 08034 Barcelona

> Dr. Riccardo Rossi, Civil Engineer
>
> Member of Kratos Team
>

> International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering - CIMNE

Campus Norte, Edificio C1

> c/ Gran Capitán s/n
>
> 08034
Barcelona, España