[Kratos] FLAGS

Riccardo Rossi rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Jun 20 16:57:43 CEST 2013

I try to collect here Josep Maria's proposal and to merge it with mine... i
personally don't agree too much with the flags ENGAGED ,  RELEASE as they
look to me oriented to a specific contact application
regarding the ACTIVATED flag i think either this or DEACTIVE shall be in
the list. Maybe not both of them as Jordi and Pooyan observe but at least
one of the two.

once more proposals arrive i'll keep merging it to the list ... please tell
me if i happen to forget one

at the end  we shall vote on which shall be kept and which not...

FLUID
STRUCTURE
SOLID
RIGID
CONTACT
BOUNDARY
FREE_SURFACE
INTERFACE
ENGAGED
ISOLATED
REFINE
INSERTED
RELEASE

ACTIVATED
SLIP
MASTER
SLAVE
ERASE
MPI_BOUNDARY
VISITED
THERMAL
PERMANENT
PROTECTED
SPLIT
MODIFIED
BLOCKED

so far 26 flags ...

ciao for now

Riccardo

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Josep Maria <cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu> wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
>   Following the discussion about flags. I'm not for putting a f before the name of the flag, you must know what are you doing and which type of variable are you working with, if is a vector, int, double or a flag. Right now I'm using next as global flags for my application, and I propose them to be global ones. Take in account that you can have your local flags in your application objects. We impose that their names must not coincide with the global ones.
>
>    FLUID
>    STRUCTURE
>    SOLID
>    RIGID
>    CONTACT
>
>    BOUNDARY
>    FREE_SURFACE
>
>    INTERFACE
>
>    ENGAGED
>    ISOLATED
>
>    REFINE
>    INSERTED
>
>    RELEASE
>
> Concerning to the Riccardo's proposals. I don't like this wildcard flags as MODIFIED or ACTIVE that do not specify nothing and can induce errors. I think is better to define this type of flags as local and specify what is modified or activated in its particular process. It will be good if you think about flags for the objects description (Nodes,Elements,Conditions,Meshes), and flags for processes specification (Remeshing, Building, Computing). The ones for object description must be very general. The global flags for processes description must be focussed only for the core processes and for the most general common processes shared in the important applications.
>

> Kind Regards
>
> Josep Maria
>
> --
>      *  Dr. Josep Maria Carbonell i Puigbó *
>    Lecturer in Continuum Mechanics
>    Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
>    Researcher
>    Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE)
>
>   T  +34 934 054 068
>   F  +34 934 016 517
>   E  cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu
>
>  <%20cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu>             CIMNE-UPC • Efidici C1, Campus
> Nord UPC • Gran Capitàn s/n • 08034 Barcelona

Dr. Riccardo Rossi, Civil Engineer

Member of Kratos Team

International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering - CIMNE
Campus Norte, Edificio C1

c/ Gran Capitán s/n

08034 Barcelona, España

Tel:        (+34) 93 401 56 96