[Kratos] FLAGS

Josep Maria cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Jun 20 14:54:56 CEST 2013

Dear All,

   Following the discussion about flags. I'm not for putting a f before the name of the flag, you must know what are you doing and which type of variable are you working with, if is a vector, int, double or a flag. Right now I'm using next as global flags for my application, and I propose them to be global ones. Take in account that you can have your local flags in your application objects. We impose that their names must not coincide with the global ones.

    FLUID
    STRUCTURE
    SOLID
    RIGID
    CONTACT

    BOUNDARY
    FREE_SURFACE

    INTERFACE

    ENGAGED
    ISOLATED

    REFINE
    INSERTED

    RELEASE

Concerning to the Riccardo's proposals. I don't like this wildcard flags as MODIFIED or ACTIVE that do not specify nothing and can induce errors. I think is better to define this type of flags as local and specify what is modified or activated in its particular process. It will be good if you think about flags for the objects description (Nodes,Elements,Conditions,Meshes), and flags for processes specification (Remeshing, Building, Computing). The ones for object description must be very general. The global flags for processes description must be focussed only for the core processes and for the most general common processes shared in the important applications.

Kind Regards

Josep Maria

--
		*  Dr. Josep Maria Carbonell i Puigbó *
   Lecturer in Continuum Mechanics

  T +34 934 054 068
  F +34 934 016 517
  E cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu

<mailto:%20cpuigbo en cimne.upc.edu>

	 CIMNE-UPC . Efidici C1, Campus Nord UPC . Gran Capitàn s/n . 08034
Barcelona