[Kratos] proposing a list of "flags"

Riccardo Rossi rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Jue Jun 20 11:35:01 CEST 2013

Dear Jordi,
             the "flags" that are being developed will NOT be compatible
with the variable mechanisms, for this reason if we define a WALL flag we
will not be able to pass it into the existing databases.

for example
node.GetSolutionStepValue( fFLAG )
will NOT work since fFLAG will be something different

Exactly for this reason i believe it would be important by simply looking
at the name of the value if it is a flag or a normal variable

having said this, if you have a number of elements which by default are all
active you may want to "deactivate" some ... this was the reason for
putting both ACTIVE and DEACTIVATED.

regarding FIX and FREE i see your point ... but imagine that one would like
to mark one node so that all of its values will be fixed ... maybe fBLOCKED
could be a better option

having said this, let's consider the list

1 fACTIVE
2 fSLIP
3 fMASTER
4 fSLAVE
5 fERASE
6 fINTERFACE
7 fBOUNDARY
8 fMPI_BOUNDARY
9 fVISITED
10 fFLUID
11 fSTRUCTURE
12 fTHERMAL
13 fPERMANENT
14 fPROTECTED
15 fSPLIT
16 fMODIFIED
17 BLOCKED

under discussion:
 fWALL

and let's use this as a basis for further discussion

ciao
Riccardo