[Kratos] Error when running a precompiled version of Kratos with GiD 11.0 interface

Jordi Cotela jcotela en cimne.upc.edu
Vie Jun 22 11:17:40 CEST 2012

Hi Nikhil,

Your problem seems to be related to the setup of the Python module we
use to load Kratos. I'd ask you to check a file called KratosLoader.py,
which should be placed inside the KratosMultiphysics folder (the same
folder that contains the __init__.py that throws the error in the
screenshot in your mail). The KratosLoader.py file should contain
something similar to

import sys
kratos_libs="C:/kratos/libs"
kratos_applications="C:/kratos/applications"
kratos_scripts="C:/kratos/kratos/python_scripts"
sys.path.append(kratos_libs)
sys.path.append(kratos_applications)
sys.path.append(kratos_scripts)

Please check that the paths stored as kratos_libs, kratos_applications,
kratos_scripts correspond to actual folders on your machine (I'd say
that the one that is failing in your case is the first one,
kratos_libs). If they are wrong, you should be able to fix your problem
by replacing them by the correct ones. The three of them should be on
your kratos installation path, C:/kratos in the example above.

If this is the case, I'd ask you to mail us the contents of your
original KratosLoader.py, so we can see what went wrong and fix it on
the next version.

Jordi