[Kratos] problem on integration points and weights

hbui hgbk2008 en gmail.com
Lun Abr 23 15:06:30 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Currently i'm facing a problem about integration on the
UnsaturatedSoilsElement_2phase_SmallStrain element
(structural_application). This element use Hexahedra3D20 geometry with
GeometryData::GI_GAUSS_3 as default integration rule. When i execute the
program and assert a watch on integration points & weights within
element CalculateAll routine, all values are zeros. I take a look on
HexahedraGaussianIntegrationPoints3 which define integration points for
hexahedra geometry and see the msIntegrationPoints variable is already
initialised statically in integration_rules.cpp. However in class
HexahedraGaussianIntegrationPoints2 just a little bit above there's a
comment "// This is added to solve the problem of static initialization.
Pooyan." which declared explicitly the values of integration points
msIntegrationPoints must hold. I did the same thing for
HexahedraGaussianIntegrationPoints3 and observed that the Gauss points
and weights return correctly.
Realising this problem may relate other integration rules as well. I
want to clarify if someone has been facing this problem before and what
should be the rationale behind it? Is there any other viable solution
instead of changing integration codes for other geometry by which i
don't want to do to keep synchronisation with repository.

With best regards,
Giang Bui