[Kratos] Application naming

Farshid Mossaiby mossaiby en yahoo.com
Lun Abr 23 11:16:35 CEST 2012

Dear Janosch,

Thank you for your email.

I think we need to do the clean up, so Kratos seems a lot more professional and homogeneous.

About point 3, AStyle can help, as we talked with Riccardo.

You're right, Tab size cannot be stored in the file (I mean as a readable one for every editor), but I think Tab is cleaner, takes less time to edit it, and quicker to navigate through.

May I also recommend a common choice of IDE? I definitely like CodeBlocks, works great on Windows as well as Linux and Mac, very feature rich and actively developed. Available through Ubuntu archives (sudo apt-get install codeblocks). Riccardo will not like this ;)

Best regards,
Farshid Mossaiby

________________________________
 From: Janosch Stascheit <janosch.stascheit en rub.de>
To: Farshid Mossaiby <mossaiby en yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Kratos] Application naming

Dear all,

I would definitely support the idea of cleaning this up a bit.

1. everything lower case with underscore and a trailing _application
(e.g. structural_application)

2. I strongly recommend "space" at a tab width of 4. This is because the
width of tab characters cannot be stored in the file and always depends
on the editor settings

3. use of the following indentation:
void Function( double& param, int* param2 )
{
    //instructions;
}

4. definitely yes!