[Kratos] Changes in problemtype_generator

Jordi Cotela jcotela en cimne.upc.edu
Vie Abr 13 19:06:25 CEST 2012

Dear kratos developers,
For those of you that maintain a custom GiD problemtype based on the
problemtype_generator tool, we have introduced some changes to ensure
that the problemtypes work with the upcoming GiD 11. Most of them are
internal and will only require re-generating the problemtypes as usual
BUT there is one important change that requires your attention:

the problemtypes used to generate an auxiliary Python file called
<problemtype>_var.py
This file has been standarized between the different problemtypes and
will now be called "problem_settings.py" for everyone. To use it,
replace the "import <problemtype>_var" in your default script.py with
"import problem_settings" and read all auxiliary Python variables from
problem_settings instead of from your current "_var" file.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and do not hesitate to contact me for
clarification

Jordi

PD: I need a "volunteer" to test this change in Windows....