[Kratos] Serialization

Pooyan Dadvand pooyan en cimne.upc.edu
Lun Feb 14 11:41:33 CET 2011

Hi dear colleagues,

As many of you may be aware of, I was preparing a serialization mechanism
for Kratos in order to have a robust way to store and read restart data.

At this moment the mechanism is ready and most of the base types in Kratos
are prepared for it but I cannot add them to the python and commit them
because before adding the necessary methods to different classes, Kratos
will not compile anymore! So to finish this task the contribution of all the
team is necessary and I wanted to encourage all of you to add the necessary
methods to their classes. A brief description of how to prepare your class
for serialization can be found in:

http://kratos.cimne.upc.es/kratoswiki/index.php/How_to_use_Serialization

Finally, in order to have better planning, I wanted to propose the end of
the February as deadline for this process. At this moment I will commit my
changes and obviously the applications which are not prepared yet won’t be
compiled. So please beware of implication of this change while there is no
way back and once is done there is no backward compatibility!

Best regards and sorry for inconveniences this may cause,

Pooyan.

_______________________

Dr. Pooyan Dadvand

Member of Kratos team

International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering - CIMNE
Campus Norte, Edificio C1

c/ Gran Capitán s/n

08034 Barcelona, España

Tel:        (+34) 93 401 56 96

Fax:       (+34) 93.401.65 17

web:        <http://www.cimne.com> www.cimne.com

               <http://www.cimne.com/kratos/> www.cimne.com/kratos/

_______________________

AVISO IMPORTANTE

Los datos de carácter personal contenidos en el mensaje, se registrarán en
un fichero para facilitar la gestión de las comunicaciones de CIMNE. Se
pueden ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y
oposición por escrito, dirigiéndose a nuestras oficinas de CIMNE, Gran
Capitán s/n,  Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, España.

AVÍS IMPORTANT

Les dades de caràcter personal contingudes en aquest missatge es registraran
en un fitxer per facilitar la gestió de les comunicacions del CIMNE. Es
poden exercir els drets d'accés, rectificació, cancel·lació i oposició, per
escrit a les nostres oficines del CIMNE, Gran Capità s/n, Edifici C1, Campus
Nord UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Espanya.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

All personal data contained in this mail will be processed confidentially
and stored in a file property of CIMNE in order to manage corporate
communications. You may exercise the right of access, rectification,
deletion and objection by letter sent to CIMNE, Gran Capitán, Edificio C1 -
Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.