[Kratos] compiling issues of the SVN trunk

maireni en cimne.upc.edu maireni en cimne.upc.edu
Lun Feb 7 14:51:24 CET 2011

Hi,

I am commiting a news files.

Please tell me if this changes
generates problems when you compile.

Best regards

Nelson

On Mon, 31
Jan 2011 08:50:59 -0500, "Hongyu Miao"  wrote:

Thanks, Pooyan. If
there are more files like "kratos/python/linear_solvers_python.cpp", I will
report each of them once I find out. A clean SVN trunk will be helpful to
all developers.

Best,

Hongyu

FROM: Pooyan Dadvand
[mailto:pooyan en cimne.upc.edu]
SENT: Monday, January 31, 2011 6:49 AM
TO:
'Hongyu Miao'
CC: kratos en listas.cimne.upc.edu
SUBJECT: RE: [Kratos]
compiling issues of the SVN trunk

Hi,

The file
"kratos/python/linear_solvers_python.cpp", is absolute and must be deleted
from repository. (We will do it) and unfortunately there are more files
like this. So if you want to make your project without bjam at least you
have to put only the cpps which are included in the "Kratos/Kratos/Jamfile"
and the ones in applications you want and not more.

By the way I wanted
to suggest you to use the bjam as described in our wiki:
http://kratos.cimne.upc.es/kratoswiki/index.php/Windows_7_Download_and_Installation
[1]

 because in this way the changes in source files and compiling
options will be reflected automatically and then add the cpps and headers
to your project tree to have the class definitions help provided by IDE
activated.

Bests,

Pooyan.

FROM: kratos-bounces en listas.cimne.upc.edu
[mailto:kratos-bounces en listas.cimne.upc.edu] ON BEHALF OF Hongyu Miao
SENT:
30 January 2011 16:08
TO: rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
CC:
kratos en listas.cimne.upc.edu
SUBJECT: Re: [Kratos] compiling issues of the
SVN trunk

Dear Riccardo,

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I did read
the Jamfile first and then tried to configure a VS solution based on the
information in that file. As most of the time I'm using Visual Studio, I'd
like to explore how to directly configure VS and share my experience with
others (maybe in terms of an instruction list on wiki and I can update it
whenever it's needed).

Here is more information about the missing files.
In "kratos/python/linear_solvers_python.cpp", the following files are
included but do not exist:

1. Line 57, "includes/tracer.h"

2. Line 59,
"linear_solvers/kratos_linear_solvers.h"

3. Line 60,
"vectorial_spaces/kratos_vectorial_spaces.h"

4. Line 135,
"components/linear_solvers.h"

Have a good weekend,

Hongyu

FROM:
rrossi en cimne.upc.edu [mailto:rrossi en cimne.upc.edu]
SENT: Sunday, January
30, 2011 5:45 AM
TO: Hongyu Miao
CC: kratos en listas.cimne.upc.edu
SUBJECT:
Re: [Kratos] compiling issues of the SVN trunk

Dear Hongyu,

 i believe
you are taking the most difficult way towards the compilation:

normally
we usE THE boost-build system to compile, which implies thatr

lithe list
of files that you need to be included in the compilation is described in

the Jamfile that is included in all of the base directories.

The
Jamroot prescribes the directory where to find the includes.

all of this
can be included inside the visual studio, by teaching to visual studio that
upon "build" it should issue a

bjam threading=multi

command

to be
honest i don't know where the files you miss are included from... if you
give me some more trace i will try to help...

maybe Julio (who should be
listening to the mailing list too) could give more hints ...

greetings

Riccardo