[Kratos] new experimental cmake compilation

Riccardo Rossi rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Lun Ago 29 17:25:51 CEST 2011

Dear All,
     as you may have noticed the Kratos is growing big! ... and ... it
is getting increasingly difficult to compile it on different platforms.

Discussing it with Pooyan, we arrived to the conclusion that this is
partly due to the use of bjam...which is quite counterintuitive and is
not developing too fast.

We therefore developed a cmake based building system, which can right
now compile almost all of the applications of the kratos. As you will
notice in every (ported) directory there is now a file "CMakeLists.txt"
which basically plays the role of  "Jamfile"

I would like to ask to everyone to add the new .cpp files both to the
Jamfile and to the CMakeLists.txt (where it is also needed to tell the
location).

if you want to try out the new building system, which should already
have some advantages over the old one (like link-time checking of
undefined symbols) go inside

kratos/cmake_build and follow the instructions inside the README.txt

please give me some feedback on this as we will soon need to take a
decision if mantaining with the Jamfile or migrating to cmake

ciao and thx to everyone

Riccardo Rossi, Ph.D, Civil Engineer
member of the Kratos Group: kratos.cimne.upc.es
Centro Internacional de Métodos Numéricos en Ingeniería (CIMNE)
Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña (UPC)
Edificio C-1, campus Norte UPC
Gran Capitan, s/n
08034 Barcelona, España
Tel. (+34) 93 401 56 96

AVISO IMPORTANTE

Los datos de carácter personal contenidos en el mensaje, se registrarán
en un fichero para facilitar la gestión de las comunicaciones de CIMNE.
Se pueden ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y
oposición por escrito, dirigiéndose a nuestras oficinas de CIMNE, Gran
Capitán s/n,  Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, España.

AVÍS IMPORTANT

Les dades de caràcter personal contingudes en aquest missatge es
registraran en un fitxer per facilitar la gestió de les comunicacions
del CIMNE. Es poden exercir els drets d'accés, rectificació,
cancel·lació i oposició, per escrit a les nostres oficines del CIMNE,
Gran Capità s/n, Edifici C1, Campus Nord UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Espanya.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

All personal data contained in this mail will be processed
confidentially and stored in a file property of CIMNE in order to manage
corporate communications. You may exercise the right of access,
rectification, deletion and objection by letter sent to CIMNE, Gran
Capitán, Edificio C1 - Campus Norte UPC, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.