[Kratos] ANNOUNCEMENT: new opencl application

Riccardo Rossi rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Mar Jun 22 14:29:51 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

          i am writing you to inform that i just committed a new
        "OpenCLApplication", which is designed to provide some portable
        (CPUs,
        ATI gpus, NVIDIA gpus) support for GPU/CPUs acceleration.

        As of now, we provide an interface to the linear solvers
        provided by the
        ViennaCL library, developed by Karl Rupp and others at the
        Vienna TU.

        A very basic howto that describes how to install and the basic
        usage is
        provided at the address

        http://kratos.cimne.upc.es/kratoswiki/index.php/HOW_TOs
        --> How to use the OpenCL linear solvers

        all the files needed will download with a simple

          svn update

        of the kratos repository. Installation of the opencl compiler
        will be
        needed but is automatic on recent ubuntus.

        the application is still experimental, however the installation
        should
        be pretty straightforward and from the initial tests it appears
        to work
        satisfactorily

        please give me feedback on the subject

        ciao