[Kratos] Constitutive law with deformation gradient

Riccardo Rossi rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Vie Jun 18 09:06:44 CEST 2010

Hi Janosch,
     i just have one more suggestion about the naming: since we will
need to include the name of "constitutive law" and of  the enum in
calling it, i would make it shorter, something like

enum StrainMeasure{
                Linear_Strain, //linear strain measure in Voigt notation
                Green_Lagrange_Strain, //nonlinear strain measure
		Almansi_Strain, //nonlinear
		logarithmic_Strain //non linear
            };

            enum StressMeasure{
                PK1_Stress, //stress related to reference configuration
                PK2_Stress, //stress related to reference configuration
                Cauchy_Stress //true stresses related to deformed
configuration
            };

I think (but admittedly i am not too experienced with enums) that this
way when we call it it will be something like:

ConstitutiveLaw::LinearStrain

Pooyan ... how does it fit this in the Kratos naming convection?

apart for this, what do you think to add another minimal function of the
type

IsIncremental()

which should return false for all of the current applications, but that
may return true if someone implements a constitutive law that accepts an
increment of strain and gives back an increment of stress ...
Indeed on the contrary we could oblige everyone to work in total
form ... and to do the incrementation inside the constitutive law

well
that's all for now

ciao