[Kratos] on the gidio error

rrossi en cimne.upc.edu rrossi en cimne.upc.edu
Sab Jun 5 12:40:13 CEST 2010

Hello all,

having a look to the last commit by Nelson I realized that
he did the only possible correction, as the custom_gidios in the
applications are NOT derived from the gidio in the base Kratos. This is a
nightmare from the point of view of the maintentenance …

Does it exist
any explanation for which such classes are not derived from gidio ?

have the feeling this is bad design and that is something we should correct
…

Janosch, Pavel, Antonia, Kazem... any opinion on this? You are the only
ones that have implemented a customized_gidio class so … the word is on
you. In particular I would like you to check if it is possible to use the
derivation mechanism or not ...

Nelson: what should be added in the
derived classes to have things go smooth? Btw, I saw that there are still
plenty of warnings … should people assume it is safe to download the new
version? If so please send an email to the list confirming all is ok … and
please correct the warnings.

ciao